5 Honeymoon Money Saving Tips
The honeymoon will always be an important aspect in every wedding plan no matter how tight the budget is. While the wedding ceremony is the highlight of every relationship ending up in the altar, the couple will always look forward to the honeymoon. Every newly- wedded couple will always feel the stress of wedding preparations. Even couples who are wise enough and who are capable of getting a wedding planner will not be exempt from the after- wedding desire to be stress- free. Thus, almost all couples will always consider their honeymoon the best part of getting married. Honeymoon is a time to rest after all the wedding- related stress; it is a time to enjoy the company of each other away from the peering eyes of friends and relatives. It is a time for the couple to get to know each other better and intimately. While majority of couples want their honeymoon to be wonderful, there is always the financial aspect that they have to contend with. The wedding ceremony may be the focal point of the whole preparation but the preparation itself requires a budget. The bride and groom and the entourage has to pay for their wedding dresses and tuxedos. The couple has to pay for the wedding services, the license, the wedding cake, the dinner and all wedding requirements. What usually happens is that the couple spends too much on the wedding preparation that they end up having little and sometimes no budget for the honeymoon. But who said a couple could not have a romantic honeymoon if they o not have a large budget? A honeymoon is basically already a romantic event because it is the time when the newly- wedded couple bond with each other. This alone should make the honeymoon romantic and memorable. Of course, there are at least five ways to make honeymoon a memorable event, even for a meager budget. Every couple should take note of these five honeymoon money saving tips so they can have a fabulous time on their honeymoon without worrying about large financial requirements.
1. Avail of the services of a honeymoon registry so the guests will know what you need and want as a wedding gift Gone are the days when a couple has to suffer in silence while opening the fifth identical wedding gift they have received; a dinnerware set. Through the wedding registry, the couple can inform the guests that they want or that they are in need of a honeymoon package. Guests who can afford such package can give them a free honeymoon instead of giving a gift that the couple does not need or a gift that they already have. Some of their friends may pool their resources together and gift them with a honeymoon package. This would mean great savings for the couple as well as a fabulous and free honeymoon.
2. Plan the honeymoon ahead of time and avail of promotions offered by resorts as early as one year away from the wedding date Planning is till the best way to keep your resources intact and become more cost effective in your expenditures. With proper planning, the couple can take advantage of honeymoon packages or resort promotions offered by resort owners. There are honeymoon destinations that are offering big discounts for reservations made ahead of time. Some even offer as much as fifty percent discount for couples who book their honeymoon months before their wedding. This is to ensure the future income of the resorts. By availing of these promotions, the couple will not only be able to save on their finances but will also be able to plan their honeymoon itinerary ahead of time.
3. Spend your honeymoon in a fabulous tourist island but take advantage of home- stay programs offered by some areas Some areas offer home- stay programs to promote their tourism at a lower cost. Local governments sometimes promote their tourism by gathering responsible folks and training them to become home- stay partners. Under this scheme, the homes of respected locals are accredited by the tourism officials and they become official tourist h9ome- hotels. Home stay accommodations are generally less expensive than hotels. Availing of this package can save the couple thousands of dollars that would have been spent for hotel accommodation alone.
4. Why not try being one with nature and go camping for your honeymoon instead of staying in an expensive hotel? Couples who are nature lovers can go backpacking for their honeymoon and enjoy others company with only the moon and the stars as witnesses. His could be the best and the most romantic idea for a non- expensive honeymoon. Instead of paying hundreds of dollars for hotel accommodations save the money for other important matters and take a nice trip to a deserted island.
5. Timing is important so plan your honeymoon, if not the wedding during off season Tourist and honeymoon facilities offer as much as fifty percent discount for tourists who would visit their establishments during non- peak seasons. Do not time the honeymoon with summer or other dates when tourists would be flocking to the islands or resorts because this would be very expensive. Visit these areas during the off- peak season can mean less cost and more privacy.
Garage Sale Articles
Garage Sale Books